General description of contact lenses
The needs to improve the vision problems dates bask to Leonardo Da Vinci\'s times. First experiences of lens wearing are similar to the periods of optics and vision principles basic statements.
The first lenses that came in contact with the eyes are linked to Thomas Young\\\' name , a famous XVIII-th century physicist and phycian that tried to improve his own vision problems by using a 5 mm tube filled with water endowed with a lens at one end.
First methods to manufacture contact lenses were made in the XIX th century, these firs lenses were made of glass resulting from the glass-blowing technique, that meant a great danger to the carrier but also the optics were not precise.
Through the technical progress of the 60\\\'s, lenses were gradually made of organic glass (methyl polimetacryl), because hydro gel in drying state presented some properties to the organic glass and in a wet state became flexible, soft.
Nowadays, lenses are so developed that they are capable to adapt at the eye needs of oxygen, during night the eye receives the necessary oxygen quantity if we use the adequate lenses.
The contact lens became a fundamental vision correction instrument , and it can be used with success to correct bigger view problems.
What we should know if we wear contact lenses?
1. If the lenses come in contact with soap, face cream, deodorant, or hair conditioner, they can cause eye irritation or lens deterioration; therefore we must be very careful how we use these substances when we wear contact lenses.
2. Eye making-up will be done only after putting the contact lenses on, and cleaning only after removing them.
3. If wearing contact lenses it is not recommended to use eyelash spiral brushes, because they content small fibers, which can soil the lenses.
4. Never use the eyebrow pencil on the inside of the eyelid to avoid lens soiling.
5. If you wear contact lenses, and you want to use cosmetics, you must read the product usage instructions, which are very helpful.
6. The maintaining and cleaning of the contact lenses need special attention. You must never mix up the solutions, and take proper hygiene measures.