Date and Place of Birth:
- 18th July 1988, Arad, Romania
- Ophthalmologist at Optica Optofarm and Optolens Clinic in Tîrgu Mureș, and assistant professor at University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Tîrgu Mureș, Romania.
Field of interest:
- Retinal pathology from molecular aspects to clinical diagnosis and treatment.
- I have graduated from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Tîrgu Mureș in 2013. As a student, I spent over a year in exchange programs in institutions such as Universita’ degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, University of Lodz, Universita’ degli Studi di Palermo, University of Pernambuco, National Institute of Oncology in Budapest, Semmelweis University, St Georges’ University of London, University of Debrecen, University of Pecs and Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy. These visits helped me to gain a wider view about latest directions and possibilities in basic science and clinical medicine.
- After obtaining my MD, I embarked on my long-time dream of becoming an ophthalmologist and I finished the residency at the Mureș County Clinical Hospital, Ophthalmology Clinic. I also finished a master’s degree and in October 2014 I started a PhD in ophthalmology at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Tîrgu Mureș. During the PhD program, I have spent eight months at the Institute of Ophthalmology – University College London and Moorfields Eye Hospital in London and further three months at the Department of Ophthalmology – University of Boston in order to extend my knowledge on latest developments in retinal diseases. In the past years, on my initiative we managed to start basic research here in Tîrgu Mureș with clinical applications. My desire is to build it up to a sustainable continuous program with help from international collaborators. In this process, we have presented several of our results at conferences un Europe and the United States.